sustainability in Como
Sheraton Lake Como is committed to finding innovative ways to drive sustainability efforts by integrating sustainable thinking into our processes, procedures, and business decisions.
We encourage both our guests and associates to collaborate with small changes for a big impact.
Make a Green Choice
Preserve fresh drinking water and reduce energy consumption
For each night that you decline Housekeeping service, you have the choice of:
- receive a 5 € Food and Beverage credit
- receive 500 SPG points®
- donate 500 SPG® points on your behalf to UNICEF's environmental work for children
You must be staying for a minimum of 2 or more nights, you cannot participate on your day of departure and there is a maximum consecutive participation of 3 nights before receiving Housekeeping service.
See what a difference a night can make!
37.2 gallons is 596 cups, enough for 1 person to drink almost 2 cups per day for a year.
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
Save Natural Gas
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours - when it's 10°F outside.
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment. And that's good for everyone.
*All amounts estimated based on average guestroom size and materials usage
Our green practices
- Energy saving halogen bulbs are used in all guestrooms.
- Post-consumer waste paper is used when creating our collateral, helping to conserve our natural resources.
- Our garden is illuminated by LED light bulbs.